Friday, 23 August 2013
It's really important in my skin care routine, that I do a good exfoliation once a week to keep the dry and flaky skin off my face and body. Today, I wanted to talk to you about sugar scrubs.
This has completely changed the life of my skin. I know most of you have heard of a sugar scrub, but have you done a sugar scrub with natural sugar you have right at home? It's so simple, and ridiculously cheap.
Here are the list of benefits by doing your very own sugar scrub using just regular white granulated sugar.
Sugar scrubs are the perfect way of getting rid of dry, flaky skin that develops every day.
• They are user-friendly for all skin types because they leave no side effects. • Since they hydrate skin so effectively, they can work wonders in preventing and relieving skin ailments such as eczema and psoriasis.
• Massaging scrub onto the skin can help reduce the appearance of cellulite by bringing blood to the skin’s surface, which plumps and tightens the skin. • Sugar scrubs are used not only for exfoliation, but also for cleansing and massage of the face and body. They don’t clog pores and are easily absorbed into the skin; thus, sugar scrubs not only leave skin smooth and healthy, but they can also help prevent the onset of acne.
• They act as all over body polishing agents, leaving clean and smooth skin. This is because they are packed with the goodness of Alpha-Hydroxy, which is essential for glowing skin.
• Sugar scrubs are a much better choice than salt scrubs, especially for sensitive skin, because sugar isn’t as course and dehydrating as salt.
• They may safely be used on children’s skin. It is, however, always a good idea to test on a small area first.
• Sugar scrubs can be a beneficial soothing agent both before and after shaving.
• Their gentle, effective exfoliation creates a smooth, even surface for a longer lasting and more uniform spray tan.
• Everyday use can help formulate a protective layer for the skin and prevent areas like the knees and elbows from becoming rough and discolored.
• Sugar scrub benefits can also be seen in healing of blemishes.
• Sugar scrubs can help prevent chapped lips and skin. If one already has chapped lips, as few as one or two uses of sugar scrub can soften the skin and show an improvement.
• They help to soften calloused and rough areas, leaving them smoother and softer.
• They yield a better smoothing result than pumice stones, loufas and files.
• Due to their multiple functions and benefits, sugar scrubs can eliminate the need for separate skin moisturizers and cleansers.
• Sugar scrubs also help to absorb excess oils and dirt from the skin and assist with the balance of skin’s natural oils.
• They help keep skin continuously hydrated and radiant.
• Using sugar scrub on your legs prior to shaving can result in a smoother, longer lasting shave.
What I do, is wash my face with a gentle cleanser, pat my face somewhat dry but not fully, and dab my face with sugar and start rubbing in circular motions. The sugar will naturally dissolve as you rub. Once dissolved, it becomes liquid-y. I leave it on for about a minute, then splash cool water on my face and pat dry. My skin feels incredibly soft and hydrated. I follow with a moisturizer and voila!!! Beautiful, glowing, soft skin. I also do this all over my body once a week as well just before I hop in the shower. I've noticed that it really helps clear up my acne breakouts and keeps oils to a minimum.
If you currently exfoliate with an expensive product, put it to the side one night and try using just regular white sugar that you have in your house. Some other natural sugar scrubs you can do are granulated coffee beans or brown sugar. Anything that has that gritty texture works.
Have you tried a sugar scrub using just regular sugar at home? Do you love it, hate it?
Hope you all have a fab weekend!